3rd Annual Kids Fun Fest Happens This Sunday
Bring your family and friends to the 3rd Annual Kids Fun Fest. More than 35 non-profit organizations will participate by providing booths and refreshments. The event is being sponsored by Lubbock Children’s Health Clinic and the City of Lubbock Parks and Recreation Department.
Kids Fun Fest will take place in Mackenzie Park’s Santa Land area on Sunday, October 13, 2013, from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., area non-profit organizations will treat children and families to games and refreshments in a carnival-type atmosphere. Admission is free to the public and games and food are available for purchase at the event. Live entertainment, door prizes and raffle drawings will also take place. Proceeds from the event will go to support the non-profit organizations’ programming budgets.
As of today, we are excited to announce the following organizations have agreed to participate in this community-wide event:
- Boy Scouts of America Troop 536
- Boy Scouts of America, South Plains Council
- Catholic Charities
- City of Lubbock Parks & Recreation Dept.
- Communities in School on the South Plains
- Girl Scouts of Texas-Oklahoma Plains
- Guadalupe Parkway Sommerville Center
- Healthy Lubbock Initiative
- Joan Y. Ervin Elementary
- Larry Combest Community Health & Wellness
- Lubbock Boys and Girls Club
- Lubbock Children’s Health Clinic
- Lubbock Habitat for Humanity
- Lubbock Lupus Support Group
- Lutheran Social Services-Foster in Texas
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- National Center for Parenthood Enrichment
- National MS Society
- National Weather Service of Lubbock
- PEN Project
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- San Lorenzo Catholic Church
- Sharp Academy
- South Plains Obedience Training Club of Lubbock
- Texas Hunger Initiative-Baylor Univ. School of Social Work
- Texas Tech Chess Program
- Texas Tech Office of Community Engagement
- The Bair Foundation
- The Bridge of Lubbock
- TTU/TTUHSC Latino Hispanic Faculty & Staff Assoc.
- TTU United Way Students
- Volunteer Center of Lubbock
- Women’s Protective Service
- Workforce Solutions of the South Plains
- Zach’s Angels-Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Kids Fun Fest has been made possible by generous donations from several area businesses. Major sponsors include: Dairy Queen, Reagor Dykes Auto Group, Arctic Glacier Ice, Designs-In-Thread, Peoples Bank, Prosperity Bank, South Plains Lions Club, Suddenlink, and United Supermarkets have all donated valuable funds and services to make the event a success.
Lubbock Children’s Health Clinic (LCHC) is a non-profit, United Way partner providing preventive health care since 1939 to children without regard to the family’s ability to pay. Please visit www.kidsfunfest.weebly.com for more exciting ways to contribute your support.