Five Little Things Almost Everyone Steals
Have you ever stolen anything? If your answer to that is no...chances are you're a thief AND a liar. Because just about everyone has stolen SOMETHING in their life, even if it was by mistake. Here are five things almost EVERYONE steals.
1. Pens. In one survey, 70% of people who work in an office said that a co-worker has stolen a pen before. And we do it by mistake so often that doctor's offices actually tie them to clipboards.
2. A spot in line. Which is like stealing other people's TIME. One study found that when someone cuts, people object to it 54% of the time. But if two people try to cut TOGETHER, it jumps to 91%.
3. Something from a hotel room. With stuff like shampoo, it's not actually stealing, because they WANT you to take that stuff. If you don't, they'll just toss it. But 35%of people admit they've also stolen things like towels and sheets.
4. Lighters. Which people steal by MISTAKE all the time. Especially smokers, because they're in the habit of using a lighter and immediately putting it in their pocket.
5. Condiments, straws, and napkins. The best example is ketchup packets. You probably have 50 of them sitting in a drawer, just in case you ever run out of ketchup you actually PAID FOR.