Landon’s Super Bowl 48 Trivia and Interesting Facts – Part 3
After last night's Super Bowl, I ventured out into the Internet in search of some trivia and interesting facts on the game for all the sports junkies out there. Here's some of what I came up with:
- Check this out: $526,217 is the base salary made by Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson for the ENTIRE 2013 season. And $882,352 is the salary made by Peyton Manning...for each WEEK of the 2013 season.
- Can Seattle keep it together to turn their run into a dynasty? According to Forbes.com, "the Seahawks tied the 1971 Miami Dolphins as the youngest Super Bowl winners ever with an average age of 26.4 years." The Seahawks had the fourth youngest roster in the NFL this year, and Russell Wilson is just 25. This is his second year in the NFL.
- According to Pregame.com, Las Vegas bookmakers ALREADY have the Seahawks as the favorite to win NEXT year's Super Bowl as well, with 7-1 odds.
- The Seahawks are the first team to win a Super Bowl with a team FULL of Super Bowl virgins since the Washington Redskins in 1983. Every winner since then has had at least ONE dude who has Super Bowl experience.
- And finally, according to Pro Football Reference, the final score of the Super Bowl, 43-to-8, has NEVER BEFORE been the final score of an NFL game. Not just in the Super Bowl...in ANY game.