Lubbock Bands Step Up to Help Burn Victims at Woodystock
You gotta love the Lubbock music community. Almost a dozen local bands have answered the call to perform at Woodystock this weekend, an annual camp-out benefit concert for injured children at Buffalo Springs Lake. It's going to be an amazing show.
Woodystock began fifteen years ago when Woody Miller was tragically killed in an industrial fire at work, leaving behind five children. The event has been carried on in Woody Miller’s honor every year since, and benefits Lubbock-area children who have been injured in a fire.
The 2-day event is free and BYOB. Buffalo Springs Lake entry fees apply, but MENTION WOODYSTOCK AT THE GATE AND MOST OF YOUR LAKE ENTRY FEES WILL BE GIVEN BACK TO THE FAMILIES. Bring cash for food vendors and live and silent auctions, too. There are more than 100 items in the silent auction on Saturday!
This is going to be fun, folks. We'll see you there! Don't forget to mention Woodystock at the lake gate.
Woodystock 2013 Band Schedule
FRIDAY, JUNE 7
- 5:45- 6:45 - Garland Peterson
- 7:15-8:15 - Spent
- 8:30-9:30 - Dropping Mad
- 9:45-10:45 - Plan B
- 11:00 - Acoustic Camp Fire Jam (bring your instrument!)
SATURDAY, JUNE 8
- Noon- 1:30 - Open Jam
- 1:40-2:40 - Holly and Hunter Harper
- 3:00-4:00 - Kent Mings Band
- 4:20-5:20 - Wade Parks and Friends
- 5:40-6:40 - The Jamholers
- 6:40 - Presentation to the Families
- 7:00 - The Stamfords
- 8:20 - 3D
- 9:45 - Cash Taylor and the Loose Change
- 11:15 - Acoustic Camp Fire Jam (bring your instrument!)