Lubbock-Cooper ISD Growing at One of the Fastest Rates in the State
A recent study has pegged Lubbock-Cooper ISD as the third-fastest growing school district in Texas.
The study conducted by the Fast Growth School Coalition tabulated Lubbock-Cooper’s 5-year enrollment growth at 41.8 percent. Cooper only trails Frisco and Prosper ISDs for percentage growth of enrollment over the past 5 years.
Lubbock-Cooper ISD will have district voters consider a $208 million bond package in the May Election. 82 percent of the proposed bond is set aside for new campus construction and additions to existing campuses.
The breakdown of the academic portion of the bond:
- Construction of fifth Elementary Campus
- Land for sixth Elementary Campus
- Construction of sixth Elementary Campus
- Land for third Middle School Campus
- Construction of third Middle School Campus
- Addition to Laura Bush Middle School
- Alternative High School
- Addition to Lubbock-Cooper High School
- Land for South Elementary Expansion
- Renovation/rebuild of South Elementary
- Renovation/rebuild of Lubbock-Cooper Middle School
- Addition at West Elementary
- Fine Arts Expansion at Lubbock-Cooper High School