Discover The Unique Charm Of Texas: 20 Things That Make The Lone Star State Famous
Some things are synonymous with Texas that many of us natives don't even think about most days. Until you are having a conversation with someone not from Texas and they say hey that movie Friday Night Lights was made here right? Or the famous singer Selena is from here right? You know you've had these types of conversations before and something always comes up.
20 THINGS TEXAS IS FAMOUS FOR! HOW MANY OF THESE WERE YOU FAMILIAR WITH?
1. Texans love our Dr. Pepper and with good reason. Dr. Pepper was created in Waco, Texas after all.
2. Buc-ee's! A gigantic convenience store where you won't walk out of spending less than 50 bucks.
3. The late singer Selena Quintanilla Perez was born in Corpus Christi, Texas, and remains forever in our hearts.
4. The Dallas Cowboys are not just America's Team, they are many Texans' favorite team as well.
5. Whataburger! Safe to say is just about every Texan's favorite place for a burger. I mean there is an entire online Whataburger store with strictly Whataburger merch. Enough said.
6. Tumbleweeds and Texas go hand in hand. People form other parts of the world have never even seen one.
7. Rodeos-Texas is known to have some of the biggest and best rodeos in the world. We take pride in that.
8. Cowboy boots are a big part of Texas culture. We all own a pair, we all wear them proudly.
9. Houston Astros professional baseball team who won The World Series just last year!
10. Flat, dry barren land. In some parts of Texas, this is exactly how it is. Non-Texans mention how flat it is here from time to time. We're good with it.
11. Barbecue-Want good barbecue? Texas is known for having the best barbecue ever!
12. Wind, dust, dirt storms. There are 4 seasons in other parts of the world, for Texans, this is considered #5.
13. The Texas Rangers another professional baseball team. We love our Texas Rangers!
14. San Antonio Spurs, a professional basketball team located in where else? San Antonio, TX
15. Oil-Texas is one of the largest oil-producing states in the entire U.S.
16. The words 'Houston we have a problem,' were spoken because of NASA's space center located in Houston, TX est. in 1961.
17. The Texas Longhorn-a breed of cattle native to Texas
18. The Dallas Mavericks is another of our professional basketball teams here in Texas. We love our sports in this great state!
19. H-E-B, Texas favorite grocery store! H-E-B was actually founded in Kerrville, TX back in 1905.
20. Friday Night Lights There was a movie made about it and a television series. People around the world know that both originate in Texas.
Here is a list of 20 famous people born in Texas:
20 Famous People Who Were Born In Texas!
Gallery Credit: Rebecca Cruz