Texas Tech Releases Parking Information for Kansas Jayhawks Game
This certainly has all the elements to turn into a tangled mess. Fortunately, Texas Tech is getting way out in front with valuable information on parking for the Kansas game on Thursday night, September 29.
Below we have all of the info from TexasTech.com.
There's just no easy way to digest it. The best thing to do is look at your regular parking area and see if it's available. We'd like to go on record as recommending that you parachute directly to your seats. (But please do not parachute into your seats.)
Kickoff time is 7:30 p.m., and with Texas Tech's passing attack NOT eating up minutes on the clock, this could be a loooong Thursday night. Kansas is 1-3 after losses to Memphis and Ohio. They started the season with a drubbing of Rhode Island. In short, it looks like the Red Raiders have a pretty good chance at putting an "X" in the win column this week.
As mentioned on KFMX's The RockShow, most students would be upset that a football game is interrupting their school week. But here in Texas, we're upset that a school week is interrupting our football game. We also believe that for being inconvenienced, all students not coming to class should get an "A+" for the day (just for helping out).
Here's the parking info straight from the school. Have a look and see if you can figure out your part in this parking drama:
- All student lots will open on Thursday morning just as they would for any normal class day. Parking control will be in place to ensure only vehicles with student permits are admitted to the lots.
- At noon, no additional commuter north permits will be admitted to the C1 (stadium west), C2 (stadium east), C3 (Dan Law) and C4 (North of RCOBA) lots. Students with commuter north permits who have afternoon and evening classes should utilize commuter west lots at 18th and Indiana for the entire day.
- After 3 p.m., no additional student permits will be admitted to the lots west of Indiana, the satellite lots at 10th & Texas Tech Parkway or RaiderPark. Students with commuter permits who have evening classes should utilize C11 Rec Center lot or R18 at Art 3D or Flint Ave. Garage.
- All commuter north lots must be cleared for game day permits by 4 p.m. Thursday.
- Donor lots will open to game day permit holders at 4 p.m. Thursday (including C1RV).
- RV's in the S1 lot may begin arriving at noon Thursday.
- Tailgate and vehicle parking will be located in the arena lots west of Indiana and in the S1 lot at 10th & Texas Tech Parkway near the John Walker Soccer Complex. Tailgate and other paid vehicle permit holders can park in their designated lots at USA and S1 starting at 4 p.m. Thursday.
- Free public parking, to the extent it is available, will be in the HSC lots (north of 5th Street), ICC, Museum and RHC lots beginning at 5:30 p.m. Thursday. Bus service will be available at the HSC lots.
- Disability parking will be located at HSC A3 as usual beginning at 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
- RV's in the S1 lot must vacate the lot by noon on Sunday. RV's in the C1 lot must vacate the lot by 7:30 a.m. Friday.
- Game day parking passes will be sold at the following locations, USA Auto Red ($25 each), S1 RV Auto ($25 each), and RaiderPark Auto ($55 each)
- Many employee lots utilized on football game days will be staffed Thursday morning. Only employees with a valid permit for the lot will be admitted.
- Employees remaining on duty after 2 p.m., must move their vehicles to R01, R13V or Flint Avenue Garage by 3:30 p.m. Physical plant personnel should move to the north side of the compound or west end of the R18 lot near CHACP I.