For The 1,000th Time, Stop Sharing The Fake Message About Facebook Charging People
I know there are lots of people who don't use Facebook very often, and those people are the majority who share fake chain messages. But still you don't have to be smart to know these are super fake. I'll show you how to not be Facebook dumb.
First let's start with what's being shared, and this is copied and pasted exactly how it was sent to me, poor spelling and punctuation included:
"dear a good news from mark zuckerberg reach us now, ark Zuckerberg The Director of facebook. Hello everyone, it seems that all the warnings were real, facebook use will cost money
If you send this string to 18 different from your list, your icon will be blue and it will be free for you.
If you do not believe me tomorrow at 6 pm that facebook will be closed and to open it you will have to pay, this is all by law.
This message is to inform all our users, that our servers have recently been very congested, so we are asking for your help to solve this problem. We require that our active users forward this message to each of the people in your contact list in order to confirm our active facebook users if you do not send this message to all your facebook contacts then your account will remain inactive with the consequence of Lose all your cont the transmission of this message. Your SmartPhone will be updated within the next 24 hours, will have a new design and a new color for the chat. Dear Facebook users, we are going to do an update for facebook from 23:00 p.m. until 05:00 a.m. on this day. If you do not send this to all your contacts the update will be canceled and you will not have the possibility to chat with your facebook messages Will go to pay rate unless you are a frequent user. If you have at least 10 contacts Send this sms and the logo will turn red to indicate that you are a user Confirmed ... We finish it for free Tomorrow they start to collect the messages for facebook at 0.37 cents Forward this message to more than 9 people of your contacts and it will be free of life for you to watch and it will turn green the ball of above do it and you will see.to 9 of you."
If you saw this and didn't automatically know its a hoax, then allow me to explain.
1. Mark Zuckerberg is the founder and CEO of Facebook, not its director.
2. Being the founder and CEO, Mark would not ever need to ask you to share a message with your contacts list. He owns all the contact lists and could send a message to the entire network anytime he wanted, and they often do. Have you ever seen a post at the top of your news feed with Facebook info? Yeah, that's how they do it in real life, not sharing a chain message. And why 18 people? Makes zero sense. Then it says send it to all your contacts? Well, which is it, 18 or all of them? Then later it says 10 contacts...
3. Facebook makes BILLIONS of dollars on ad revenue, and would never charge to use the platform, because there are literally hundreds of other free social networks to choose from, and no one would keep using Facebook if it started to charge people.
4. Read the last sentence. That's not English...And what ball will turn green? Or blue? Or is it red?
5. My favorite part, is the line that says "if you do not believe me...this is all by law"! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Really? If Facebook wanted to change something, they would just change it. They don't care if anyone believes them, they're not asking for anyone's approval here, they do what they want because they own and run Facebook. And there is no law passed that says if you don't send a message to your contacts then you have to pay for something. Please tell me you realized this was fake at that point at least!
So, so, so dumb. Stop being dumb, and don't share this because its a hoax, and not even a good one. I'm sad for the earth when I see that people have read this and thought it was legitimate. Because that means we really are getting dumber. Don't be dumb.