Where You Can Find 30+ Lending Libraries Across Lubbock
806 Lending Libraries, a project started by Halie Morgan Pierce, is a great way for people to give back to the community by providing books, games, and movies to anyone in need.
Lending libraries are typically seen as small cabinets or displays that usually read, “Take a book. Leave a book.” I grew up typically seeing them in local coffee shops or restaurants, and they are a great way to share free books with the community.
There weren’t many of these lending libraries to be found around Lubbock, the main one I often saw being by the C.A.S.P Studios downtown, until Pierce started her project.
By partnering with businesses across Lubbock, she was able to set up over 30 different lending libraries across the city. Each of these ‘libraries’ are filing cabinets where anyone can take or donate books, movies, games, or anything else related. They are all uniquely decorated and are either located inside or outside of the businesses hosting them.
If you have any books that you’ve been meaning to donate, please consider placing them in one of these libraries. Unfortunately, Pierce has had to step away from the project, so the community is depending on doners to keep these libraries stocked. For more information, you can visit the 806 Lending Libraries Facebook Page.
- 57th and Kenosha (Melonie Park area)- outside
- Mano Negra Brewing Co.- inside
- R & M Vinyl (34th and York)- inside
- 85th street behind Tractor Supply- outside
- First Unitarian Universalist Church of Lubbock (42nd and Canton)- outside
- The Honeycomb Pie Shoppe #2- inside
- Consign With Lizzy- outside from 8 to 8
- 8th place & Bangor- outside
- Lubbock Discount Mattress, 34th & Flint- inside
- Simply Decadent Bakery, 82nd & Frankford- inside
- Kneading Miracles- outside
- 32nd & Memphis- outside
- 36th & Toledo- outside
- Gene Messer Ford Lubbock, 19th & loop- inside
- Cimarron Pet Salon, 66th & Slide(ish)- inside
- 35th & Juneau- outside
- 60th & Wayne- outside
- Rush Elementary- outside
- Artists in Motion Dance Studio- outside
- Lubbock High School (cafeteria and theater room)
- Saint Francis Texas- inside
- La Chaveña-inside
- Science Spectrum- outside
- residential close to Miller Elementary- outside
- Grace Clinic (2 locations)-inside
- Kingsgate Animal Hospital- inside
- Phoenix Moon Healing, 80th and slide- outside
- Residential 79th and Louisville Ave- outside