Some Lubbock Restaurants Will Be Open for the Christmas Holiday So You Don’t Have to Cook or Clean
The holidays can be fun or stressful depending on how much responsibility you have to entertain. If you don't have to worry about cooking and cleaning its a LOT more relaxing.
The Today Show put out a list of restaurants that will be open Christmas Eve or even Christmas Day. Some of them are in Lubbock. We also did our own calling around to verify some restaurants that have been open on Christmas in years past. And we'll be updating this list as we hear about more businesses' plans.
- Buffalo Wild Wings says it will be open during its regular business hours (11 a.m. to 2 a.m.) on Christmas Eve, and possibly open on Christmas Day from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Chick-fil-A will be open 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve and closed on Christmas Day.
- Cracker Barrel will be open Christmas Eve from 6 a.m. until 2 p.m., and closed on Christmas Day.
- Olive Garden will close at 8 p.m. on Christmas Eve (or earlier, depending on business) and will be closed Christmas Day.
- Denny's will be open all day Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (like every year). So be especially generous to all their employees who are missing time with their families to serve you on the holiday.
- Saltgrass Steak House in Lubbock will be open 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Christmas Eve, and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Christmas Day.
- Dunkin' locations in Lubbock will be open 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Christmas Eve, but closed on Christmas Day.
- IHOP is scheduled to be open Christmas Day and features their Grinch-inspired menu.
As always, it's a good idea to call ahead and double check, because each individual business might change the rules because they feel like it. And again, be sure to treat ALL of the people working for you on the holidays with kindness. I guarantee you that most of them would rather be home with their families as much as you do.