Time to Get the Family Out and Go Fishing!
Saturday, September 23rd an all species fishing tournament will be held at Buddy Holly Park on North University.
This is a great event for the whole family and proceeds from the event will be benefitting Hurricane Harvey relief efforts in the affected areas. The cost is $5 per angler and kids 10 &under are $2.
Registration will take place be between 6 am and Noon on the 23rd.
From Manda Whaley:
- Prize awarded every hour for the HEAVIEST and SECOND heaviest fish (ALL SPECIES). If no fish is weighed in, then there will be no prize pay outs.
- Prize awarded every hour for HEAVIEST and SECOND heaviest fish (ALL SPECIES). Also awarded will be MOST fish caught by ONE child. (Pooling fish together will result in disqualification)
How does this tournament work?
- Fish from 7:00am – 1:00pm. FROM BANK ONLY
- Follow all State and city regulations.
NO DEAD or SEVERELY PALE fish will be weighed. It is the angler’s responsibility to keep fish healthy.
- ROD AND REEL ONLY. ARTIFICIAL and LIVE BAITS allowed.
- Each angler can weigh-in ONE (1) fish per time slot. Once you have weighed in for that specific time slot, you can continue fishing, but you must wait until next time slot starts to weigh another fish.
- There is no slot limit each angler can weigh in. All Fish will be released after weighed and entered for that slot- NO EXCEPTIONS!
- WEIGH-INS will be done at YOUR REGISTRATION LOCATION. (Check discussion section for map and prizes)
Time slots listed below:
1st hour: 7:00am-8:05am
2nd hour: 8:05am-9:05am
3rd hour: 9:05am-10:05am
4th hour: 10:05am-11:05am
5th hour: 11:05am-12:05pm
6th hour: 12:05pm-1:05pm ( all anglers must be at weigh-ins by 1:10pm)