Market Street Recognizes the Best of Texas in Free Weekend Expo
Guests will sample appetizers, entrées and desserts created from Texas-produced products as they fulfill their grocery shopping needs at any of Market Street’s 10 locations throughout north and west Texas. They will also be able to register to win one of five Shi
ner guitars while enjoying complimentary Texas beverage and wine tastings.
Event hours are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, July 23, and Sunday, July 24.
“At Market Street, we are proud of our Texas heritage and want to raise awareness among our guests about the quality products available throughout our stores that are made, grown and raised right here in our state, from the Texas Tech University Meat Science program in Lubbock to the Fredericksburg hill country, and from Plainview to the Gulf Coast,” said Wes Jackson, chief merchandising officer for United Supermarkets, LLC, Market Street’s parent company. “We hope to help our guests offer true Texas hospitality to their friends and family by highlighting the best of Texas.”
Coupon booklets will be provided to help guests identify featured items displayed throughout the stores. At the expo, guests can expect Texas samplings and products such as:
- Genuine Texas Beef flat iron steak;
- Smoked brisket, sausage and turkey;
- Texas Gulf Coast Wild Shrimp;
- Texas Tumble Chicken Breasts available in ancho lime, chipotle lime fajita, jalapeño garlic, beer brined, Cajun tiger and citrus rosemary marinades;
- BBQ marinades, spices and sauces;
- Texas grown produce, including yellow and orange meat watermelons;
- Jalapeño biscuits and made-from-scratch breads;
- Market Street’s signature Tex-Mex beef, pork, tomatillo chicken and apple raisin tamales;
- Fresh salsa, jalapeño dips and black bean chips;
- Beverages from Texas wineries and breweries;
- And fresh brownies paired with milk from Texas dairies.