The Top Ten Classic Teen Movies from the ’90s
If you're between 25 and 40, this should be pretty nostalgic for you. And it might make you feel OLD too, because apparently the Internet has graduated from making endless lists about the 1980s, and moved on to the '90s. There's a new list of the best TEEN movies from the 1990s. Meaning movies that teenagers loved which were also ABOUT teenagers.
Here's the Top Ten:
1. "Cruel Intentions", with Reese Witherspoon, Ryan Phillippe, and Sarah Michelle Gellar.
2. "Clueless", with Alicia Silverstone.
3. "The Craft". That's the one where Neve Campbell and Fairuza Balk are witches.
4. "Empire Records".
5. "Romeo & Juliet", with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes.
7. "Now and Then", which was about four best friends...and Christina Ricci played Rosie O'Donnell as a kid.
8. "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead", with Christina Applegate.
9. "Election", with Reese Witherspoon.
10. "Romy and Michele's High School Reunion", with Lisa Kudrow and Mira Sorvino. It was mostly about their reunion, but there were also a bunch of flashbacks of them in high school.
For what it's worth, apparently two women put the list together. Which might explain why something like "Varsity Blues" didn't make the cut, while a lot of more girl-targeted movies did. But who knows.
(They ranked 24 in all. You can find the whole thing at Buzzfeed.com.)