You Won’t Believe the Decadent, Sinful & Incredible Desserts You Can Get in Lubbock
Each sweet treat honored on the calendar has a special meaning behind it.
When you dig a little deeper into the story behind the Chocolate Parfait, for example, it means 'perfect' in french, and probably originated in France in 1894. It's a layered desert with fruit, ice cream whipped cream and more.
I recently had something like this served up in a Mason style jar at Slim Chickens! Delicious! This is a perfect excuse to have another.
All this good information is fascinating and then it just makes you hungry. So I thought this would be a great opportunity to round up many of the sweet treat places in town for review according to Yelp!
Here are the sweet treat holidays this month listed with the date in May that we should celebrate that creation.
- May 1st: Chocolate Parfait Day
- May 2nd: Truffle Day
- May 3rd: Chocolate Custard &.Raspberry Popover
- May 4th: Candied Orange Peel
- May 6th: Crepe Suzette
- May 8th: Coconut Cream Pie (one of my all time favorite desserts!)
- May 9th: Butterscotch Browne
- May 12th: Nutty Fudge
- May 13th: Apple Pie (An American Tradition)
- May 15th: Chocolate Chip (everything's better with these mixed in)
- May 17th: Cherry Cobbler
- May 19th: Devil's Food Cake (My Mom made the best!)
- May 21st: Strawberries & Cream
- May 22nd: Vanilla Pudding
- May 23rd: Taffy
- May 26th: Blueberry Cheesecake (don't see this one too often)
- May 27th: Grape Popsicle (sure sign of summer coming)
- May 31st: Macaroon
I'm pretty much a chocoholic, but with some of the amazing flavors available out there dessert has been taken to a whole new level lately, especially when you look at the flavor variety now in ice cream at the grocery store or ice cream shop!