Contact Us

Rapper Lil Wayne Has Now Had More Songs on the Billboard Hot 100 Than Elvis Presley, But He’s Sort of Cheating


Two years ago, Elvis Presley held the record for most songs to chart on the Billboard Hot 100.  He had 108 songs make it…and that’s seriously impressive.

Since then, he’s been passed twice…and in the CIRCUS of the digital age, the record doesn’t seem to mean as much anymore.  Why?

This week, Lil Wayne eclipsed Elvis’ mark by landing his 109th song on the chart.  But only 42 of those (or 39%) are HIS songs.  The other 67 (or 61%) are songs that Wayne merely makes a guest appearance on.

But Wayne isn’t the overall Hot 100 record-holder.

Last year, the cast of “Glee” surged past Elvis.  These are the songs that are released digitally after each episode and routinely drop out of the Hot 100 a week after they’re released.  Of course, that counts, too.

“Glee” currently leads everyone with 204 entries on the Hot 100.

So Elvis held the record for 52 YEARS, and then the Internet came along.  If you stick with LEGITIMATE entries Elvis’ 108 is followed by James Brown’s 91, Ray Charles’74 and Aretha Franklin has 73.

Best of Awesome 98

Recommended for You

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for Awesome 98 VIP Club quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive Awesome 98 VIP Club contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.