2017 Carol of Lights Parking and Bus Schedule Information
The 59th Annual Carol of Lights will be held Friday evening, December 1st, at 6:30pm at Texas Tech. Over 25,000 colored L-E-D lights, will illuminate 18 buildings around Memorial Circle, the Engineering Key and the Broadway Entrance to Texas Tech.
The main entrance of the university at the intersection of Broadway and University Avenues will be closed at 5:30 p.m.
Here's a list of available parking for the ceremony:
- All vehicles parked along the Broadway Entrance, Memorial Circle or the Engineering Key must be removed for the event.
- Any vehicles parked in the east portion of R1 or R8 parking lots after 5:30 p.m. will be towed.
- ADA parking will be available at 6 p.m. in the R1 parking lot.
- General parking will be available in most “R” designated parking lots.
- No guest parking will be allowed in “Z” designated parking lots.
- Please check signage before entering a lot.
Bus schedules will also be changed for the event.
- The Overton and north 4th Street off-campus routes will end at 6:41 p.m.
- On-campus routes will stop running on Memorial Circle at 5:30 p.m.
- The Masked Rider and Red Raider stops will be moved from the north side of the Student Union Building to the east side.
- The Double-T Route will not stop at the SUB and continue to West Hall.
- All campus routes will end at 6:48 p.m.
- Night Owl service will begin at 6:30 p.m.
- Students who need rides to apartments from campus can call (806) 742-NITE.