Grill Your Way Through Football Season with These Tips from United Supermarkets
Football season and tailgating offer so many opportunities for grilling, and United Supermarkets Corporate Dietician Brenda Garcia has been encouraging us to make the most of our grills.
United Supermarkets makes it convenient to grab prepped meat, seafood, fish or veggies that you just need to season and toss on the grill, but Garcia has a few other tips:
1) Think outside the box. Try grilled pineapple, either on skewers or as full slices. It might make a tangy dessert or introduce a fun flavor to other dishes. If you want to be brave, try grilling apples!
2) Make sure you're grilling your veggies the right way.
3) Double-check that you're cooking to the right internal temperatures.
4) Consider these better-for-you options.
5) Pack in the flavor with marinades or fresh herbs and spices.
Fajitas and burgers are game-day staples, but if you want to mix things up a bit, here are some of our favorite grill-friendly recipes from Happy + Nourished, the blog from Garcia and her team:
- Mixed Meat Burger
- Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Jerk Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers
- Grilled Chicken Apple Sausage Skewers
- Grilled Blooming Vidalia Onion
Happy + Nourished is stuffed with recipes, nutrition ideas, and product recommendations. If you scroll to the bottom of their main page, you can sign up for their newsletter, which sends you helpful tips and ideas right to your inbox!