Awesome 98 logo
Enter your number to get our free mobile app

Lubbock Fire Rescue responded to a house Fire on Sunday, February 9th that began in a tent in the 1900 block of 17th Street.

KAMC News reports that there was an extension cord running from inside the house and was powering a TV and space heater in a tent in the backyard. The occupant of the tent fell asleep and woke to a popping noise and the tent on fire.

The fire then spread from the tent to the house, and the occupants were alerted by smoke detectors.

Around 20 percent of the house was damaged by fire and the Texas South Plains Chapter of the American Red Cross helped provide 3 adults with a place to stay.

More From Awesome 98